Interpreting the Diving Bell
Interpreting Dublin’s Diving Bell
A diving bell which was used for more than half a century to build quay walls, is currently being restored and will become part of a distributed museum in Dublin’s Docklands. The Bell which was built in Drogheda by Grendon & Company was designed by Bindon Blood Stoney in 1866. The bell weighs 350 Tonnes and will be elevated, underneath revealing accessible explanatory panels on how the bell worked as an engineering tool.
Read more on this story here
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.